Friday, August 28, 2009

Wanderlust

A fire inside me seems to rage ,
and the sky suddenly looks like a cage .
In the confines of this small place i'm stuck ,
this truth had long ago struck .
" Why am I stuck here ?", I wonder .
When the entire world there is to explore down yonder .
So many rivers to cross ,
and interesting people to come across .
So many summits yet to reach ,
An infinity of things to learn and teach .
Many new lands to walk upon
and to learn mother natures curiosities , this realization has dawned
I want to spread my wings ,
and fly in the open sky my heart sings .
It doesn't matter if i fall ,
it's better than having nothing to live for at all .
Lots of opportunity lies infront of me .
A continuous journey i want my life to be .

12 comments:

  1. it came out in a moment of inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely rhymes.
    love the flow..
    Glad to have you in poets rally...

    visit and comment for 18, let me know after you are done.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good. I hope to here more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem...
    Here is my poem for the rally
    http://poem-myworldofexcitement.blogspot.com/2011/01/poem43hesitation.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have so much to learn and feel and experience...
    a continuous journey of success and failure...
    beautiful write

    ReplyDelete
  7. we all feel that raging fire at times.. a wonderful write with lovely rhyme :)

    My Poet's Rally - Myriad Is My Mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, how are you?

    Please claim awards via the link below, have fun! Thanks for the support…

    http://awardwinningpoetspage.blogspot.com/2011/01/thursday-poets-rally-week-37.html

    Welcome join Jingle Poetry Community today, have fun!
    share 1 to 3 poems with our potluck poetry today and enjoy some encouragements from fellow poets there..

    hope to see you share.

    ReplyDelete